Why wear a fabric mask?
- The purpose of the mask is to reduce droplets that come out of the mouth or nose during speaking, coughing and sneezing.
- Wearing of fabric face masks in public settings where other social distancing measures are difficult to maintain (e.g., grocery stores and pharmacies), especially in areas of significant community-based transmission is recommended by the Word Health Organization, as well as the South African government.
- The use of fabric face masks is recommended to slow the spread of the virus and help people who may have the virus and do not know it from transmitting it to others.
- Even when wearing a mask, hand-washing and social distancing remain the most important interventions to reduce the spread of Covid-19.
The basic DblStitched mask characteristics:
- Double layer fabric mask
- Patterned fabric
- Outer layer: High quality 100% cotton
- Inner layer: Soft, breathable Viscose/Polyester blend
- Elastic ear loops
Manufacturing of the masks:
- As our workshop staff is currently in lock-down and we are closed to the public, we are making the masks in isolation at our home studio.
- Strict cleaning and sanitary precautions are taken in the studio where the manufacturing takes place.
- Regardless, you are encouraged to wash your mask before first wear and wash your hands when you first take it out of the bag.
How to wear your fabric mask:
- Please take caution when the courier delivers the parcel.
- Please wash your fabric face mask before first use.
- Please wear a clean, washed mask every time.
- Sanitize or wash your hands before putting on your mask.
- Do not share your mask with anyone.
- Avoid touching the mask or your face while wearing it.
- Remember not to handle the inside layer of the mask when taking it off or putting it on.
- Purchasing more than 1 mask in order to rotate and have time to wash them properly between uses is advised.
How to wash your fabric mask:
- Once you've removed your mask (without touching your face or the inside of the mask), wash the mask with normal detergent and warm water immediately.
- Please wash your hands after handling the mask.
- You can wash your masks with any clothes you've worn outside.
- Just as hand soap disintegrates the virus by breaking its exterior, your trusty detergent will be enough to leave your face masks ready for another use.
- If you don't have enough to complete a load, keep them in a plastic bag separate from the rest of your laundry. After washing, the masks should then be ironed or left out in the sun to dry.
- The mask can be tumble dried.
- Sanitizing your mask won’t change a thing if you don’t store it properly. Store your clean mask in a closed plastic container or a new zip-close bag by itself.
- These face masks will not prevent you from contracting COVID-19.
- They are not filtered, and are not N-95 or surgical grade masks.
- Purchased with full knowledge of what these fabric masks are intended to be.
- Face masks should not be worn by the following individuals:
- Young children under the age of 2
- Anyone who has trouble breathing, or is unconscious, incapacitated or
otherwise unable to remove the mask without assistance.
- No refunds or returns, sale is final.
Wholesale options are available for 100 units. Please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org